The Parish Life Commission supports the heart of the Christian community by strengthening the relationships of individuals within our parish community, by involving all members of our parish community in fellowship, and by providing experiences that give a clearer vision of discipleship through community life.
- Volunteer Appreciation Dinner– This annual, multi-generational celebration is a special evening to acknowledge and thank the many hardworking volunteers of our parish.
- Advent Wreath Making Sunday– On the first Sunday of Advent, the entire parish is invited to an Open House to enjoy refreshments, listen to Christmas music and make an Advent Wreath, ornaments and holiday crafts to decorate and bring the true meaning of the season into their home.
- Family Activities– We offer several events throughout the year especially for families with children, such as Pizza Movie Night, the Advent Wreath Sunday or Super Bowl Party. These events change year to year, depending on the interests and talents of our planning committee.
- Poverty Meal– To provide a simple meatless meal after the Ash Wednesday Mass to start our Lenten journey through the spiritual disciplines of fasting, almsgiving, and prayer.
- Easter Egg Hunt– The afternoon of the Easter Vigil, our committee hosts an egg hunt for the families in our parish. We also offer an Easter story, crafts, and light refreshments to experience the joy of the Resurrection!
- Senior Luncheon– This special event is enjoyed by the senior members of our parish that impart so much wisdom, guidance, time and talent to our parish.
- Social Events– Sometimes the adults just need some time to enjoy each other’s company! Several times a year, we sponsor fellowship events for the grown ups, such as Pot Luck Suppers, Grown Up Game Night, or Themed Parties. These events change year to year, depending on the interests and talents of our planning committee.
If you would like more information or would like to join this committee, please contact St. Bartholomew Parish Office at 207-799-5528.